Sign In Forgot Password

Cemetery History

On January 12, 1850, for $695, the then-forming congregation had purchased a square of land in Jefferson parish for a congregational cemetery. The property, previously owned by John Calhoun, had been seized by sheriff Valmont Soniat Dufossat and was comprised of 20 lots of ground, measuring 300 feet fronting on Arabella Street, 300 feet fronting on Joseph street 240 feet fronting on Pitt Street and 240 feet fronting on Jeanette Street. The Resulting Joseph St., Cemetery is the third oldest oldest Jewish cemetery in New Orleans.

Corner of Joseph and Garfield with Madauer House, which was replaced with the Plotkin Pavillion in 2015.

Wed, May 25 2022 24 Iyar 5782